Advice on converting to an Academy
If you are looking to become an Academy or have applied to become one then we are on hand to advise.
We can advise you on the following:
- Establishing the financial position – including treatment of land, buildings, other assets, funds and surpluses; and financial liabilities.
- Setting up financial management and reporting systems for day to day management and corporate governance.
- Advising the governors about their responsibilities as company directors / charity trustees.
- Providing advice and hand holding support to school officers, and business and finance managers in all aspects of accounting requirements around year-end procedures.
- Advising on the financial reporting requirements, as required by the Company, Academies and Charity legislation.
- Advice on the impact and treatment of VAT, especially with regard to trading activities.